Silverette (formerly Breast Angels) nursing cups are small cups crafted out of pure 925 silver that fit over and help to protect nipples while breastfeeding. Silver is a natural antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial metal that also contains anti-inflammatory agents. It heals and prevents cuts, wounds, cracks, soreness, and infections.
Since 2002, Silverette cups have enjoyed a resounding and growing success with mothers, doctors and obstetricians. They are the only and original nursing cups made in Italy by fully licensed silversmiths. These cups are essential for anyone who wants to prevent or who is experiencing issues with sore, cracked nursing nipples.
- Bra Size: C cup or less
- Bra Size: C cup or more
Key Information :
- Antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial.
- The only & original nursing cups made in Italy by fully licensed silversmiths.
- Easy and comfortable to use – no additional creams or lotions necessary.
- Since 2002 a resounding success with mothers, midwives and obstetricians.
- The SILVERETTE the original cups are made entirely of solid 925 silver.925 silver is the purest workable silver in existence, in fact with the purest silver (999 silver) it is only possible to carry out baths or laminations on artefacts whose structure is made up of other materials that can give allergies. Therefore the claim of 100% Silver are not true.
- From ancient times, silver has been recognized as having an antibacterial and healing effect; it is still widely used in medicine today.
- The double hallmark of silver objects is imposed: the first hallmark, enclosed in an oval, must indicate the silver fineness, the second hallmark, currently enclosed in a hexagon, identifies the manufacturer .
- The cups without the double punching are not in accordance with the law.
- Immediate protection from basket size C: Silverette silver caps protect your sore and inflamed nipples immediately from friction and sticking to fabric or nursing pads. Wounds do not tear up again. Your sore nipples can heal by themselves.
- Made from solid sterling silver: our silver hats are solid made of high quality sterling silver and not simply coated or silver-plated. They are handmade and have no sharp edges. Reusable
- Higher, discreet shape: our anatomical silver hats have been developed together with a unique clinic and midwives school. Their slightly higher, yet discreet shape (1.6 cm height) does not flatten your already heavily used nipples.
- Safe: no ointments are needed whose ingredients could transfer to your baby. Our hats are a registered medical device with proven skin compatibility.
How to Use :
- After your breastfeeding session, leave a couple of milk drops in each cup and apply them directly to the nipple like cupping glass.
- Keep them on as much as possible between breastfeeding sessions.
- Remove cups and rinse accurately the nipples with water before breastfeeding.
- Do not use any other nipple treatment in conjunction with SILVERETTE®: this could reduce or even compromise the efficacy of the product. Box contains 2 cups
How to Clean :
- In order to clean SILVERETTE® make a paste using Bicarbonate Soda (you should find it in the baking section of every supermarket) mixed with a small amount of water, rub this mix on the cups, rinse accurately and dry them.
Our Customers Said...
"These are just amazing, I have been wearing them for one day and already notice a major difference with increased comfort and much less irritation. Totally worth it. I only wish I had got them sooner" - Emma
Q: Can I put Silverette Nursing Cups in the dishwasher?
A: No, it is not possible to wash them in the Dishwasher. This will result in damaging the Sliverette® Cups. Simply hand-wash with water.
Q: Do Silverette® cups contain nickel?
A: No, Silverette® are nickel free.
Q: Do the Silverette Cups contain nickel?
A: No, the Silverette Cups are nickel-free.
Q: Are the Silverette Cups dishwasher-safe?
A: No, do not put them in the dishwasher, boil, sterilise or use detergent on your Silverette Cups so as not to damage the silver.
Q: How does Silverette ensure the comfort of nursing mothers?
A: Silverette cups adhere perfectly your breast. This ensures your comfort and maintains the the anatomical shape of the areola. Years of research and development means that Silverette cups are moulded with a rounded peak that comfortably fits your nipple without compressing it, and is the only brand in the world that has a patent on their shape.
Q: What is 925 silver?
A: 925 silver is the purest form of silver that can be moulded into shape. The healing properties of silver are well known. It has been used in wound care for centuries as a natural antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent.
Q: Can I use my Silverette nursing cups with absorbent breast pads?
A: Yes, they can. If you plan on using absorbent breast pads, place the breast pads over the SILVERETTE cups. Your nursing bra will hold everything in place.
Q: Will my Silverette cups diminish over time?
A: No, the efficacy of SILVERETTE cups remains the same, no matter how long you use them! You can save and use your SILVERETTE cups for each child that you have and breastfeed
Delivery & Returns
All Orders delivered for just €4.99 To anywhere in Ireland and Northern Ireland
- NEXT DAY DELIVERY IRELAND
- SMS and Email Alerts
- Order before 2pm for same day dispatch
- 98% of all orders are delivered next day
Your order will leave our warehouse in Bray, Co Wicklow and be delivered the next working day. You will receive SMS & email tracking updates from An Post and someone will need to sign for the parcel on delivery.
Wow I LOVE this product super easy to use
These are just amazing, I have been wearing them for one day and already notice a major difference with increased comfort and much less irritation. Totally worth it. I only wish I had got them sooner
I never breastfed before and my nipples where in a bad way. My friend suggested these and they have worked really well. They don’t take away the pain completely, but enough and I am a succesfully breastfeeding now.
Thank God for these! they also prevent friction which is a blessing when the skin is raw
Well worth the money even if I only had to use them for 12 hours
These amazing silver cups helped heal my horrible cracked and damaged nipples. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is struggling with painful cracked nipples.
Babies should be born with a set of theses. On a serious note I would recommend these to all new mums
Best thing ever to protect and heal your nipples in the first months of breastfeeding. These silverettes do a great job!