Gymnic Birthing Ball
The FitBall® is an exercise ball that is suitable for all ages and fitness levels. FitBall’s are often referred to as pregnancy balls as they can be used to perform specific exercises to prepare the body for birth. When sitting on the ball, with your feet flat on the floor, your hips should be raised approx 10cm above your knees. This raised sitting position brings the weight of the baby forward, giving relief from back pain and general discomfort felt in pregnancy. This position also keeps the pelvis open and pressure off your lower back during labour and contractions.
- Maintaining good posture and strengthens abdominal muscles and lower back during pregnancy.
- It helps increase blood flow to the uterus, placenta and the growing baby.
- Increases pelvic diameter thus helps the baby find a great position for birth.
- Burst resistant
- Use the ball in labour for a Natural Birth - coping with contractions, relaxation, progressing labour and using the ball to support mobile, active birth positions
- 55cm diameter: for women 155cm to 166cm tall
- 65cm diameter: for women 166 to 178cm tall
- Supports 600lbs.
1x Gymnic Birthing Ball